Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Bunkerville Water Fight

Every July 3rd for as far back as maybe 30 or 40 years, I was told, Bunkerville has a town water fight.  This is a little town that reminds me of Cowley.  I wanted to buy a house here but, at the time, Robb didnt. After being here a few years and seeing how much of a family everyone in the town is, Robb changed his mind.  A little late, babe!
I wish I could have gotten a picture but as your entering town there is a huge red sign that states "WARNING! TOWN WATER FIGHT"
And it is true.  EVERYONE in the whole town comes out of their houses for this.  It was a blast!!  Sorry there are so many pictures of me.  I forgot my camera so I had to steal these from a friend.  (Thanks Heather!)










No one was exempt, either.  If you happened to mistakenly drive thru town, you were pelted.  We saw this nice UT plates car drive down the street. They were clearly not there on purpose, but no mercy was shown. 

 Even the Elders got involved!



I dont know how we have lived here for 3 years and not participated ever.  I cant wait until next year!  The whole afternoon was perfect.  After the water fight, we headed to friends to swim and bbq.  Food was great and we were even serenaded by an amazing family of singers.  At the end, everyone that was there was loudly singing together, "Toni-i-ight, we are young. So I set the world on fire. . . "  It was a great ending to a terrific day.

No comments: