Friday, June 29, 2012

Angels Landing

Yesterday, Robb, Bobby and I bucked up and attempted Angels Landing.
This sign made me extra excited to do the hike.
At this point, I was thinking, "What the hell have I gotten myself into?"
The hike is 2.5 one way. If you look really close at this photo, you can see the crazies climbing this .25 end of the climb on this crazy thin mountain.  We made it until this far and then Robb, who is absolutely terrified of heights, decided that he had gone high enough and I was not going to let Bobby do this.  One of these days, I want to go back and finish. 
Amazing views from where we climbed. 

I thought Robb might have actually pooped his pants from fear, but it was only dirt and sweat.

(Warning: Please put on protective eye wear before viewing this next picture.)
Robb cooling off in the river. 

Yes, a job well done.
I have to mention one instance during the climb or I know I will forget.  I was a lot slower than Robb and Bobby, so I told them to go ahead of me and I would meet them at the top.  Well, about 1/4 of the way up, I ran out of water.  The temp was 97 and this is a very strenuous climb.  I hate being a quitter and pushed on.  At one point, I was really feeling faint and said a little prayer to Heavenly Father to please help me.  I started to walk on when out of no where, a young lady came up from behind me and said, "Excuse me, can I give you one of my waters." I couldnt believe it.  I graciously accepted and then she turned around and was gone.  I am so thankful for little answered prayers.  I am thankful for the beautiful earth that we have to enjoy and that even though my body is getting old and I am definitely feeling some pain today, that I am healthy enough to enjoy these kinds of activities.  I am thankful for a husband and son who will, sometimes reluctantly, come with me on these adventures.  
YOLO, right?

1 comment:

The Leithead Family said...

WOW!!! You guys are braver than me! I would have stopped at the sign for sure!! ha ha! love the pic of Robb's butt! lol!