Saturday, June 23, 2012

Our Little Scare

Since I am using this as my journal, there was a small event that happened a couple of months ago that I didnt record.  I dont think I was ready at the time, but I am now. 
Robb was hospitalized for some heart problems.  He had been having some pressure and it lasted a few days.  Finally, one morning, he just couldnt take it any longer and went into our Dr.  He told him he needed to go to the ER, which he did.  Robb said when he arrived at the ER and told them he was having heart pains, 20 people immediately swarmed him. He was stripped down, hooked up, poked and prodded.  They decided to admit him and run a stress test on him the next day.
After finishing the stress test, the nurse told him she thought everything would be fine because they had never had anyone actually finish the stress test.  He was mentally getting ready to go home, when the Dr came in and said they had found something not right on the test; a shadow, and that they were going to send him by ambulance to St George and have him get an angiogram.  We called our Bishop and he gave Robb an amazing blessing.
After frantically packing and trying to calmly drive through the gorge, I entered the cath lab in St George. I thought for sure I was in the wrong place.  Everyone there was at least 20 years older than my husband.  They did the test very quickly and came back with strange results.  Whatever the Drs  in Mesquite saw was no longer there.  Robbs heart is in perfect shape. We still really dont know what was causing his pains.  Maybe it was stress or even indigestion but he hasnt had any real pains since then.
This little scare made me realize how blessed we are. I am thankful for Drs who know what they are doing and for medical technologies that I have no understanding of.  I am so very thankful for Priesthood blessings. But, most of all, I am thankful for my husband. I love him with all my heart and soul.  He makes me laugh, he pushes me to be better.  He is an amazing father and provider and I cant imagine my life without him in it.  

2 comments:

The Leithead Family said...

so scary! i am glad everything turned out to be ok! and it sounds like you have had some amazing spiritual experiences lately. you are blessed!

Stacey said...

WOW!! I am so sorry you had to go through that scare, I am glad Robb is healthy. I have not been on here much but am glad I found this! Take care~