Friday, May 21, 2010

A Look Back

This birthday has been really hard for me. I've officially entered the last year of my 30s. They do say that 40 is the new 20, but that still doesnt make me feel any better. Today I was thinking about the fads and fun I have been able to be a part of during these first four decades of my life and these are just a few of my favorites:
1970s - Bell bottoms, Strawberry Shortcake Dolls, Star Wars, John Lennon, Saturday morning cartoons and my first kiss.
1980s - Leg warmers, Speak and Spell, Breakfast Club, Prince, videos on MTV and my first child.
1990s - Flannel shirts, Jenga, Silence of the Lambs, Nirvana, Friends and a college degree.
2000s - As my husband would say "guys wearing their little sisters pants" (theyre not my favorite but always make me laugh), XBox, Lord of the Rings, Linkin Park, Reality television and an eternal family.
Ive lived in New Mexico, Montana, Nebraska, Washington, Oregon, Utah, Wyoming and soon to be Nevada.
Ive made and lost great friends.
Ive had four of the most amazing kids. I hope that I've instilled in them some of the wonderful lessons and qualities my parents taught me.
I pray that the next 40 years of my life are filled with just as much health, happiness and love that the first 39 years have brought me.

5 comments:

Colett (*.*) said...

I didn't like turning 39 either, I'm having a hard time with it, maybe a mid life crisis even! Can't wait to see your wonderful daddy this weekend! For some reason I think that is me in that picture with you, or is it one of your siblings? isn't it weird that I don't know? Also, I didn't know you were moving to Nevada. why...work?

The Edwards said...

Happy Birthday! Can I just say you look AMAZING?!!! GORGEOUS?!! ...seriously, I had no clue you were nearly 40. Hope you have a great b-day.

Stacey said...

You are still as beautiful as you were in LHS. Happy Birthday! Enjoy your last year in your 30s. I had a hard time turning 40 but it is better than the alternative. ;)

The Leithead Family said...

fun post! hope your birthday was great!! and, yes, you are BEAUTIFUL!! i didn't know you were so "old" either!! ;) j.k.

Linda said...

Hey enjoy 39, your be at 49 like me before you know it.