Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Red Cliffs

For FHE last night, we went to Red Cliffs with Hendricksons and McDougals. There are so many places around here to explore. You could go hiking/camping everyday and always go somewhere different.
Emily and Shaylie on our hike. Shes so funny. She kept saying, "time for rest" and she would just lay down on the ground right where she was. I wish it wasnt such a chore for me to get up off the ground or I would do the same thing sometimes.

This is where our hike took us. It was just a small pool but there were people there cliff jumping. They said they could jump off the top and not touch bottom of the pool. There were also frogs everywhere. I love frogs! This was the only negative aspect of the night. Look at all the caterpillar nests in the trees. They were everywhere. There were falling on us all night long. I am not easily skittish but I didnt much like that. McDouglas roasting marshmallows. Out of focus shot of my fam. Shaylie and her new trick. She can go cross eyed on the spot. Too funny. Ken and Emily. It was tons of fun. I take solice in knowing that when we move, our friends wont be too far away and we can still have many more nights like this.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

You live in such a pretty area!! It is great that you get to enjoy nature! TX has a lot of land.....more land.....and people!! :)

The Edwards said...

What a gorgeous place to get together!...love your muffin pic. That is hilarious! I am not a great cook either, but I keep on trying.