Monday, April 26, 2010

Betty Crocker, I am Not.

11 days ago, my friend gave me some Amish Friendship bread to make. I dont know if anyone else out there has done this but it takes 10 days before you actually make something to cook with the dough. She also brought over a finished product and my kids waited impatiently for the 10 days to be up because the muffins were delicious.
Well, last night the 10 days were up so I excitedly whipped up the recipe. Here is what I ended up with.

I've never said I was a superb cook. When we were first married, Robb teased me that I could burn water but I've improved a lot in those twenty years. I guess Im allowed a mess up every now and then.

6 comments:

nina said...

Ha ha haha..... that just made my day, so funny!

Lucille Elaine Shop Girls said...

I can't stop laughing!!! Oh my... this is hilarious! The Amish might be slightly offended by this!

The Leithead Family said...

this is hilarious. wow. i've never tried that amish friendship stuff...but i think i'll pass. :) better luck next time!!

Kristin said...

LOL!! I love it!!

Linda said...

Well everyone at the nurses station is laughing there guts out!

Stacey said...

Great photo!! Better luck next time. On a side note...that Amish bread it touchy. I have made some good and some bad. I never tried it in muffin tins, but it is a hard recipe to get right all the time! You are off the hook!!