Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sand Hollow

Saturday Robb got off work early, and since the temperature was running at a cool 109, we decided to go to the lake.
Here is Jazz and Olivia catching a teeny tiny lizard. I love it that my girls arent too prissy.
Bud found a rock out in the middle of the lake. The camera doesnt show how far out he actually is. This is the side of the lake that I stay on. I just lay on my float and relax and tan and Ive been totally oblivious to what is happening around the corner.
This is the side of the lake that my kids like to go to. Now, we've gone out to the lake a few times and I've never been over here before. My kids will most likely hate me now because I dont know if I will ever let them go back. Heres a pic of my crazy husband going off the top of the rock.
Heres a pic of Jazz going into the water. The white water of the person that just jumped in was a FIVE year old child! He did have a lifejacket on but that is just crazy dangerous. I am getting old. I dont think this would have bothered me so much a few years ago.
Bobby goes off of them to. I didnt get a picture of him going off but heres a picture of him at the top. I am glad that my children inherited Robbs "no fear" gene and I will try not to have a panic attack next time they wander over to the "dark side" of the lake.
Jazz and Olivia on the way home. It was a fun day. We were all definitely toast when we got home. Everyone physically. . . . . and me mentally. Let it go, Jem, let it go.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Akkkk!! I would have been very worried as well! Looks like a lot of fun for kids, but I would not do it, that is for sure. Beautiful lake!

The Leithead Family said...

ha ha!! i am a worrier too! i used to have a panic attack when we were just out on the boat! it's a mom thing. we were just looking through pictures from the Sand Hollow Days last night. we miss that pretty blue water!!

Amy said...

I'm still trying to catch my breath from my panic attack I just had after seeing these photos! That lake is beautiful and frightening all the same. Breath in... breath out. Whew!

Joan said...

Oh my gosh, Robb jumping is very scary to me. BTW, we think Bobby is a wonderful child. We got to be with him a lot when we were in Wyo. He is sweet, thoughtful and polite. We didn't get to see Jazz all that much but she is very cute.