Sunday, July 12, 2009

Much needed R and R

(Not sure why the pictures are so small. I will try and fix it asap)
Last weekend, Robb and I went to Palm Springs for some R and R. It was the first time that I can think of that we have been anywhere without the kids. We had a really nice time together.
The reason it is called Palm Springs. Palm tress EVERYWHERE!! and they were very well manicured.
Me at the pool. Robb couldnt even be outside for an hour before getting burned. It was 115 that day. He did get up and run 10 miles though, one morning. He said it was his most beautiful run hes ever had.
Inside the hotel. It was pretty fancy. We werent used to it. Tipping the bellhops, etc. We're more the Super 8 couple, but this was still a good experience.
Gandala ride to the restaurant.
Robb looking might sexy with the swans.
I spent a marvelous three hours at this spa. I was pampered and treated like a queen.
Just part of our hotel. We stayed on the top floor.
We took a tram from sea level to 8000 feet. It took only ten minutes and the temperature changed forty degrees within that ten minutes. Max Thompson took the picture of us. We spent a great day with him. He showed us around town and then we barbecued at his home.
Top of the tram.
Top of the tram.
Some of the artwork.
Another picture of the artwork. I was actually awarded this trip from my boss. It was a fun time and I thank him for it immensely. Robb and I did great together without the kids. Next trip, though, they are coming for sure!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I am so glad you got some down time to be with your hubby and just relax and have fun! You have had some good vacations this summer but we'll miss you in Cowley this year! I'll win a sack race just for you and send you the quarter to buy yourself a snow cone! Hugs!

Kee said...

That looks like a really fun trip! What an awesome boss ~ although I am sure you worked your hiney off for him! :-)

I am so glad you two were able to take a fun vacation by yourselves.

Stacey said...

Looks like you had a great time! You deserve to be pampered! Glad you enjoyed your trip!