Thursday, June 11, 2009

Yes, I went

Tonight I attended my first "Twilight Party." Why sit home and watch the movie alone when you can hang out with your friends and watch it? Theres just something fun (and a little disturbing) about 8 grown women getting together to watch this movie. Boy did our hostess go all out. Im certain she missed her calling in life of being a professional party planner.

These were our invitations. If you've read the book, you'll totally understand the concept of the apple and the Fork.
Her front door.
She had EVERY picture in her house plastered with Edward and Jacob pictures. Her husband was sure a good sport. (Im sure he'll be compensated somehow =)
Our group of ladies. I had my Cullen shirt on with the Cullen coat of arms. One lady did her hair like Alice and one had sparkles all over her body.
The Menu
Yummy yummy food.
Our gift bags. Full of different kinds of red candy.
We played trivia games, ate, laughed and I learned a bunch of "behind the scenes" facts. For instance, the author, Stephenie Meyer is in a scene in the movie and the baseball scene is taken by Multnomah Falls. . . .been there!! Thanks Chris for a fun night. You are definitely the hostess with the mostest!!!

9 comments:

Stacey said...

What a great party! She went all out! Glad you had fun, nights with the girls are always a good get-away!

nina said...

Wow, I never knew Stephanie Meyer was in the movie. What part was she in?

The Leithead Family said...

ha ha ha!! i am laughing my head off! that's awesome - looks like you had a blast! what a creative lady your friend is!

Jem said...

Shes in the scene at the diner when the boys are messing around in the background. Shes sitting at the counter.

Amy said...

FUN! Wes took me to the movie when it first came out. All he knew about it was that it was about vampires and that it took place in the Northwest (his heaven on earth). I think he thought it would be like his all time favorite movie: "Lost Boys". I didn't say anything to him before we went and needless to say, he was disappointed! HA! The books and movie are fun, and then to add a great party on top of it...WOW!

Linda said...

All I can say is it BITES that I wasn't there!

ozzmom said...

That sounds like such a great time How fun!! How are you guys doing?

ozzmom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! That looks like a blast and I really want to throw a party now! Wanna help me?