Friday, August 8, 2008

Summer Nights

School starts next week. Hallelujah!! I can't wait to get back on a schedule. I love schedules. With this being the last weekend before school and since it's not really summer without one, we decided to take the kids to the fair tonight. They rode tons of rides, ate some good food and were dead tired by the time we got home at midnight. I love the fair. I love the sounds and sights and smells. We all have great memories of the fair growing up. I remember when I was in middle and high school when the Billings Fair was the big summer activity. Robb remembers when the fair would come to Colstrip and he would spend all day everyday there. I also have fond memories of the Zipper ride. When Robb and I went on one of our first dates, we went to the Powell Fair and went on the Zipper. He got sick. What a wuss. The pictures are bad quality because it was a spur of the moment idea and I had to take pictures with my cell phone.

Robb staring down a corndogBobby being timid and riding the little kids rides on his first few rides
Bobby not going on the kiddie rides
Jazz and her friend Jessica
Jess and Jazz. Bobby going on this ride for the sixth time
The whole group. The kids even met out neighbor, Jaden. You can see him in the background on Jazz's ride picture, too. It was a fun night. Hey, did I mention that school starts next week?!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I didnt even know the fair was in town :)

As for your poll on the side. I finished Breaking Dawn. Although I have never read the Harry Potter Books, I relised from this series that these kinds of books are not my cup of tea. But... I totally think she should have stayed human and ended up with Jacob.

Colett (*.*) said...

I am always torn at this time of year. I am anxious for the kids to get back to school, but I hate schedules and the looming cold weather.

Amy said...

All is fair at the fair! You can never go wrong with corn dogs and cotton candy! Unless you eat corn dogs and cotton candy and then ride the tilt-o-whirl. Then you could have a lot go wrong!

Joan said...

We try to hit the fair every year. We did in Billings and we do here in Utah. Even if I don't ride anything, I like to people watch and check out the art pavillion.

Joan

Margaret Kay said...

I think your phone photos are quite interesting, actually. I don't write comments often enough, but I sure enjoy the blogs. When I open yours, I always get a laugh out of "Bud" (your word, I have noticed). What a character! I also believe bad photos are responsible for a lot of diets. Just throw the bad ones away and keep the ones you like. You will always be beautiful then!