Friday, July 25, 2008

Our Pioneer Day

Back in December when my husband became hollow man, lost his 41 pounds and won the biggest loser contest at his work, he won three wonderful prizes. We cashed in on one of those prizes this Pioneer Day and finally went to Lake Powell, courtesy of the Metcalf family. We spent two amazing days on their houseboat.

Jazz and Robb

Bobby playing with Ron's remote control boat. This is my favorite picture. I love my husband for many, many reasons. One of these reasons is his ability to show no fear. This is him diving off the top of the houseboat. Hope and Kymbre in their kayaks. They had so much fun together.
Jazz and Bud in their kayaks.
Jazz took this picture. Pretty cool with the water coming off the slide.
Me, Hope and Bud just loungin in the nice warm water.
Me coming back from that little canyon behind me. I am soooo sore from just that little jaunt. I need to get into better shape. Me on the knee board
Jazz knee boarding
Kymbre' wake boarding
Hope wake boarding
Robb skiing Yet another reason I need to get into shape. As you can see, Robb had no trouble gaining back his 41 pounds. (He's still very sexy, though)
Many people attempting to help Bud water ski. He looks pretty scared, huh? He did try it once. He got a pretty good amount of water in his nose, mouth and eyes, and that was it..... he was done.
Jazz on the jet ski. All my kids seemed to get that "no fear" gene from Robb.
Robb and Quinn. Quinn is the boss's son-in-law, Robb's co-worker and good friend. He is the one Robb went to New York with.
Hope, Robb making a face, of course, and Kymbre in the house boat. It was a very fun two days. The Pulver's definately went some places and did some things they never had before. Our own little pioneer trek.

6 comments:

Amy said...

that last picture is PRICELESS!! I love how happy they all three look together. Love it and I am totally jealous of all the fun you guys had.

Amy said...

Wow! I love seeing your kids doing this kind of stuff with you! They will have such great memories! This is the stuff that good ol' Lovell just can't compete with!

Teri said...

That looks like so much fun. Glad you guys got to enjoy yourselves.

Quinn said...

Hey, Good Pics. I forgot to take our camera out with us. Anyway, we had a blast with you guys! Hope you had fun.

Colett (*.*) said...

What a fabulous weekend you got to have. I do miss Cowley on pioneer day though. If gas wasn't so dang expensive we want to go back one of these days.

Joan said...

Fun fun fun. Your kids are getting lots of opportunities to see places they have never seen. Saying that, I have never seen that lake either.

Joan