Monday, June 16, 2008

I am the luckiest girl alive. I have been blessed with two of the most amazing men in my life. I'm not great with words, but there is a song that I love by Holly Dunn that makes me think of my dad and husband. Here are the lyrics:
I remember Daddy´s hands, folded silently in prayer.
And reaching out to hold me, when I had a nightmare.
You could read quite a story, in the callouses and lines.
Years of work and worry had left their mark behind.
I remember Daddy´s hands, how they held my Mama tight,
And patted my back, for something done right.
There are things that I´ve forgotten, that I loved about the man,
But I´ll always remember the love in Daddy´s hands.
Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was cryin´.
Daddy´s hands, were hard as steel when I´d done wrong.
Daddy´s hands, weren´t always gentle But I´ve come to understand.
There was always love in Daddy´s hands.
I remember Daddy´s hands, working 'til they bled.
Sacrificed unselfishly, just to keep us all fed.
If I could do things over, I´d live my life again.
And never take for granted the love in Daddy´s hands.
I love you two with all my heart and am so thankful that Heavenly Father allowed me to be a part of you lives.
Happy Father's Day!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

You do have a great Dad! I love him tons. I don't know if you remember or not, but he and your mom came with us when I was in swing choir with David to Denver. We were on a bus and all of us girls had to pee way bad. We made it to Chugwater and your dad was trying to make us all laugh by saying that "THEY ONLY HAVE A ONE-HOLER toilet in Chugwater. There aren't enough people in the town for more than one". I thought that was so funny. Also, I remember him giving me a really hard about yogurt? Weird huh? Are you going to Lovell for mustang days?

Joan said...

I love your Daddy too. I think he is hilarious and such a tease. Does anyone do more for his kids that your Dad? He is so generous.
I have always felt so lucky to have him as my big brother.

Joan

Colett (*.*) said...

You do have a great daddy! He gives big tight hugs!