Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter

I love the stage of life that Robb and I are in now.  The kids are older and most of the time I really enjoy that.  There are two holidays, though, that I miss having my sweet, naive babies.  Christmas and Easter.  Its just not as fun.  Although the kids are older, we still decided to do the traditional egg dying.
The weather was perfect, so we decided to hang out outside all day.  
We went shooting.  (Without Robb.  His days off never end up being actual days off.)
I thought it very interesting how we all have different stances. 



We had a picnic at the park.  We also played some basketball and lounged by the lake.
We then came home and planted a flower garden in remembrance of Kymbre's baby that she lost last month.  It will be nice to be able to have a place for her to go and sit and be reminded of the perfect angel that she wasnt able to hold in her arms, but will be able to see again someday.


Tomorrow we are doing a beautiful Easter Cantata by Janice Kapp Perry for sacrament meeting.  I just love music and find it such a blessing to be able to share our talents for the ward.  I am accompanying and Robb is the narrator.  Jazz is also singing in the choir.
I love spring and Easter and what they represent.  New beginnings.  I am so thankful for my brother Jesus and the ultimate sacrifice he gave for us. 

2 comments:

nina said...

That was such a sweet thing to do for her baby. I'm so sorry to hear that I know it is very difficult, we lost one too.

Stacey said...

I am sorry to hear of Kymbre's loss. It is very hard, I know. What a sweet way to remember the sweet baby. Hugs to you!