Monday, September 5, 2011

Missin Home

For the most part, I absolutely love where we live, but this weekend I was missing home. 
3 years ago, I was more than upset when Robb told me we were moving to the desert, but was pleasantly surprised when we got here to find that we actually live in a little valley surrounded by "mountains". 
Because I was missing home, I decided we should go have a picnic in these so called mountains today.  I was anticipating 5 Springs, but this is what I got. . . .
Can you say baron?

Where is the turn off to fill our cartons with that fresh mountain water?
This is the amazing campground covered with trees and mountain smells with picnic tables and built in campfire pits. .  .
The lush pine trees with their wonderful smell. . .
Sagebrush. . . .
And the gorgeous creek filled with rainbow trout covered by the wooden bridge. . .
I know its hard to see but our new "home" is down in this beautiful valley.  A different beauty than Wyoming but a beauty that we've grown to love, all the same. 
Sometimes, the Wyoming girl in me sneaks outs and I really miss home but I've learned that home is where you make it and right now, Im happy to call Mesquite my home.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I agree! Home is where you make it! Pretty view into the valley!

Amy said...

I get those homesick feelings too. Whenever I have a hard day I always think "I just want to be in the Big Horn Mtns!". My mom has a saying that she always lives by: Bloom where you are planted. I am glad to hear that you are adjusting well to your new surroundings and replanting your Wyoming roots in the hard desert soil of Utah!