Thursday, September 29, 2011

Homecoming and Go-Karts

We had two fun happenings last week. 
First, it was homecoming.  We are the Bulldogs down here too.  They also have the same fight song tune, except with different words.  We are green and white. Sorry dad.  I know you detest those colors.  They do a homecoming parade.  I remember when we used to do that in Lovell.  I specifically remember sitting in Brett Morrisons garage, listening to Whitney Houston and Atlantic Star, working on a float. And then we would go to the elementary and middle school, when they were sitting right next to each other, and all the kids would come out and watch. Those were fun times.  I wonder why Lovell doesnt do that anymore? 
Well, both kids were on a float.  Jazz was for volleyball.  (Did I mention she made varsity as a freshman?)    And Bobby was on a float for middle school student council.  I could be a bit biased, but I think our kids are pretty awesome. 
Jazz went to the dance with a group of girls.  "The Single Ladies".  (Lets keep it that way for a while, Jazz. A looong while.)  She was nominated for homecoming attendant but her best friend won.



On Saturday, we had our company picnic for the credit union.  They rented out a go-kart place in Vegas. It was very fun.  Bobby has been waiting 3 years to be able to be tall enough and drive the go-karts and he finally got the chance. Poor kid, he is a little height challenged, like his dad.  He was pretty fast. He even beat me.  They fed us yummy food and gave away some amazing door prizes.  Bentley was a hit, of course.  I will be so sad when I dont get to kiss that cute little face every night.
Dont look too close at my pic.  Remember, last post when I said I picked up a nasty infection from the even nastier motel we stayed at in LA?  Well, it turned out to be impetigo, and Im still trying to fight it off. 

We sure are having fun with our kids.  I so wished my mom and dad lived a little closer and were able to enjoy them too.  Its what they live for.  I know they would be here in a heartbeat if they could. And thank heavens for blogs so they can be part of it, even just a little bit.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Great kids, Jem! It is Homecoming here this weekend. We had a parade as well and I remember fondly the fun we had in Lovell making the floats..

Brenn is height challenged as well... Must be the wrestling dads.... :)

Great pictures! You have beautiful kids!