Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Mom

I have, arguably, the most amazing mother on earth.  I just want to share some things she has taught me:

* Youre never too old to have fun
* Dont complain - theres always someone worse off than you
* Laugh, laugh, laugh - especially at yourself
* Family first
* Love the gospel
* Keep your husband happy in the boudoir
*Give everyone a second or third chance
* Its easy to find joy in even the smallest of things
* Theres always someone who needs help - always be looking for those service opportunities

I wish I was an eloquent writer and could better put my feelings into words but here goes:  My mothers love is pure, unwavering and unconditional.  I thank Heavenly Father everyday for sending me to her.  She is strong and wise and loving and I couldnt ask for anything better.  I hope that I am half the mother that my mom was, and is, to me.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Such sweet, tender and precious words! She will be so touched when she reads this! I love your mommy to pieces and just think the world of her and your father! They were like my second parents for many years! I can see why our mom's are so close: they have the same philosophies in life!

Stacey said...

That was a sweet post! You are blessed, indeed. She is just as blessed, you are pretty special yourself!

Colett (*.*) said...

you do have a great mom, I hope I get to see her this summer, oh and your dad too!

Joan said...

My brother was so lucky to find her and keep her. and I was so lucky to love her as my own sister.

Michelle Thompson said...

You are so lucky Jem! I loved working with you mom! She is a great woman and you are definately following in her footsteps!