Thursday, November 11, 2010

Honoring our Veterans. . .

I am a crybaby. Weddings, babies being born, sappy movies, etc. But nothing moves me more than honoring our country and our soldiers. I love Veterans Day. I am so proud to live in this amazing country.

Bobbys class made this tree for the "Festival of Trees." It was my favorite. Every ring on the chain around the tree has a soldiers name who has died in our "Terrorism War." It took them a long time to finish it. How touching it was to look at every name on there and know that they died fighting for us, for our freedoms, for our liberties.
Jazz sang at the Festival of Trees.
Here is a poem I found on the internet. I couldnt find who wrote it.

Eulogy for a Veteran
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the mornings hush.
I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Very touching. I haven't been to a veteran's cemetary or to D.C. to the Vietnam wall but I hear it is very, very moving. I have seen a whole field of flags though and feel the same way.

Jazz look so darling here.

Stacey said...

I feel the same way...God Bless the USA!!!