Monday, October 25, 2010

Reality Check

Wouldnt it be great if blogs emulated real life? If we had only happy wonderful times? Baby announcements, extravagant vacations, joyous birthday parties, rainbows and butterflies, sugar and spice and everything nice? Well, reality isnt like a blog as Robb and I were blatantly reminded of last weekend.
It was Jasmines 14th birthday and the day started off perfect.
She got her first pedicure. . .

Instead of doing birthday cakes, we do birthday dinners. She picked tacos. . . Her best friend, Erika, from Vegas came up. . . She went riding with some friends. . . After that, we planned on going to St George to watch the UFC fights with some friends. She asked if she could stay and go to a friend from the wards house until we came back. She has never gave us any problems, so we didnt even hesitate to say yes.

Well, halfway through the fights, Robb gets a call on his phone. "This is Officer Gonzalez with the Mesquite Police Department, is Jasmine Pulver your daughter?" Robb looks at me, "Yes?" "Well, we have picked her and some friends up in your car. Does she have permission to be driving?" "Umm, no." (Remember, she just turned 14 that morning) "Well, you need to get someone down here to pick up your vehicle or we're going to have it towed."

So, Robb called his receptionist and her and her husband went and picked up our daughter and our car and held them at their house until we got back home.

Look, Jazz even took a pic of her night. How special. At least she has her seat belt on.Luckily, she wasnt driving when they picked them up so she didnt get a ticket. She did get in VERY big trouble.

I love my kids and want them to be happy. Ive seen my two older daughters choose the most difficult paths and I dont want Jasmine to stray in that same direction. Hopefully she learned a lesson and we can laugh at this story in a few years.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

You will look back and laugh....keep your chin up. You are involved and love her. Every family has their trials with their kids....EVERYONE, so take heart in the fact that you are not alone. You are great parents....hugs to you and your family!!

Amy said...

Oh boy. I stole my moms car when I was 14 and she was out of town. I ran into the picnic table and the garbage cans before I could even make it out of the driveway.

Michelle Thompson said...

Kids!!! They keep us hoping and make life interesting and very stressful sometimes, but someday you will look back and laugh! It is just a good thing nothing happened to her.

nina said...

Oh my gosh, I bet you were so mad! The thought of Kayla trying to pull stunts like that in 3 years just worries me already!

Linda said...

Well you were blessed that no one got hurt. When I was 14 the best thing that happened to me was getting caught.