Sunday, February 28, 2010

Boogity, boogity, boogity!

I love new experiences and was able to do something Id never done this weekend. Thanks to the Vandenbooms, we were able to go to a Nascar race in Vegas. They were so wonderful. We stayed in their room in the Luxor and talked until 230am then we had to get up at 630am. Not an easy task for a bunch of almost 40 somethings.

It was waaay cold. I hadnt shivered like that in years. I have been so spoiled living in St George. My muscles were sore the next day from all the shivering. Look at all the rednecks! I'd never seen so many mullets and missing teeth in one place at one time. They certainly are a different breed of people. They are true fans though. We drove by the area where the fans follow the racers in their RVs. There were lots and lots and lots full of RVs. And some of the RVs Im sure cost more than our home. If you are going to travel, travel in style. Also, look at the man with his earplugs. I had many people tell me how loud it is but you cant even describe or imagine the sound of all those engines roaring past you. We had great seats. Just past the finish line. The cars getting ready to go.There was a lot of standing and sitting, standing and sitting. I felt like I was at some bizarre Catholic gathering. Robb and I doing a little commentary for the Speed Channel. I promise I wasnt drinking.This man was actually a worker. I think it was like 10am when we took this pic and he was literally slobbering drunk.

It was a good time. Thanks Corey and Amee!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Looks like a great time...always fun to do something new and different!