Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"Our Story"

On a dark and dreary night, twenty one years ago, a young boy with a "bitchin" mullet and a rail thin naive girl got married. Since that night, theyve traveled to magical, mystical lands for work and met interesting and unique townspeople. They've been blessed with four amazing children who bring their own set of charismatic personalities to their always entertaining home. Theyve encountered their share of trolls, goblins and also kings and princesses but always find their true happiness at home.
Yes, I cried the WHOLE wedding. Even when he smashed cake in my face.


Here we are tonight before we head off to dinner.
We've come a lot farther than anyone thought that we would. I remember the first time that I met him. He was throwing gum in my hair in high school math class and I hated him. A few months later, I saw him at the swimming pool while I was lifeguarding and I knew at that moment that I was going to marry the boy with the mullet. I was right!!
Maybe it isnt a fairytale, but its OUR story. . . . I wouldnt change a thing about our marriage and I cant imagine my life without him!
Happy Anniversary Babe!!

9 comments:

Jennie said...

AWWW!! Way to go guys!! Love ya.

Stacey said...

Happy Anniversary!! Congrats on 21 years!! Here is to the next 21!!

Unknown said...

That is such a cute post! Happy Anniversary! So do you miss the mullet?

Joan said...

I remember the tears, the smashing of the cake in the face, the Christmas decorations and colors and I remember thinking....this is my little niece, she can't be ready to be a bride yet. Oh how I wanted to hug you and take you away from it all for just a little while longer. You have been through a lot and you are still together so it really must be LOVE!! Happy 21st. I wish you another 21 and then another 21 and so on. Love you!!

Michelle Thompson said...

That is a great story! You two are amazing and have been through a lot. You are truly an example for all of us! Congrats!

The Leithead Family said...

Congrats on 21 years of wedded bliss! Love the picture!! :)

Linda said...

Hey, love that wedding photo. What fun!

Amy said...

I too remember so much about your wedding! It does not seem like 21 years ago! How great that you will be celebrating your anniversaries into the eternities! Can you imagine yourself saying " Happy 9,874,547th Anniversary Babe!"

nina said...

Aww! Happy anniversary, I love the wedding pic.