Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday

Yes, this is my arm. I am the biggest bawl baby. My mom says its because I am close to the Lord but I blame it on my dad and his genetics. Sometimes, I pray before I go to church, that I will be able to contain my emotions so I can actually enjoy what I am hearing and learning. Apparently, thoug, God just wants my eyes to be red and watery, my nose to be running all through church and people to feel they have to ask me if I'm okay for three hours. So, I've come up with a unique way to try and control my emotions. I pinch my arm. You can always tell how spiritual my meeting was by how big and how many bruises I have on my arm.
I actually did just let go this Sunday, though. Robb spoke in church. Now, if any of you actually knew Robb from years back, this may surprise you, but he did an acceptional job. I did start to pinch a little at first but then I just decided to let it go. I just stared up at him and cried and cried. I was sitting there reflecting on who he was a few years ago and how much he has changed and grown, and my emotions were certainly flowing. I am so proud of him. He has come such a long, long way and is a great example to everyone around him.
He spoke on the atonement, which is very special subject to both of us. We both have a very strong testimony on the atonement. I dont think you can really appreciate this wonderful blessing until you've been through the repentance process.
Christs Atonement is infinite. It applies to all people. It can clean, reclaim, and sanctify everyone. That is what infinite means—total, complete, all, forever. President Boyd K. Packer has said: “There is no habit, no addiction, no rebellion, no transgression, no apostasy, no crime exempted from the promise of complete forgiveness. That is the promise of the atonement."
What a precious blessing. One that I am so very thankful for.

5 comments:

Joan said...

Oh Jem, it really is in the genes. I am the bawlbaby of our ward along with our Bishop's wife. I wear waterproof mascara on Sunday and take along a little blush touch up. I am so glad you and Rob have found your way and that the atonement is real for you. It is so true that transgressions can be forgotten completely through repentence. I am proud of Rob and you both.

Amy said...

It must be in the blood. I am on the verge of tears at all times! Especially after I had Emerson. I think I have whacked hormones. I knew I had a serious problem when my friend sent me this video and I just sat and watched it smiling with tears streaming down my face! I think I am officially the Mayor of Crazytown!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq6b9bMBXpg

The Leithead Family said...

Oh man, Jem. I think you should just go ahead and cry...those marks on your arm look painful. :) You both are wonderful people whom we admire. We miss you.

Margaret Kay said...

Yeah! Your Dad's genes - same family - I'm crying reading your blog!!! Luv u so much!

Kee said...

I know that I do the same thing, ever since I joined the church, EVERYTHING makes me cry! I try so hard not to, because with my Scandinavian background, they aren't pretty Hollywood tears, we're talking red nose and eyes. I have just decided to accept it though, today in Stake Conference I cried with a smile on my face through Elder Dallin H. Oakes talk, then through the music. Give your poor arm a break chica and just sob with the rest of us! :-)