Monday, April 20, 2009

Kite Festival

This weekend was St Georges annual "Kite Festival". It was a perfect day. We were there 5 hours. You pick your place on the grass and then just sit and enjoy. There was tons for the kids to do, live music and food food food. The weather even cooperated. It was in the 80s and every now and then the wind would kick up and forty or so kites would be going. Loved spending the day with my fam.
Hope and Jazz
The kite hospital. Luckily, our kite made it out okay.
Hope and I attempting to fly our kite.
Bud climbing the rock wall.
Bud getting ready to do the velcro wall.
Kites, kites and more kites.
I am such a people watcher. I loved it. We even played "Where Waldo". How bout you take a stab at it. Find a man wearing a straw hat. Ha ha. Good job!
Cant wait until next year.

7 comments:

nina said...

How fun! Saint George looks beautiful. I think I would love living there.

Colett (*.*) said...

what a great day, I love kites! i wonder if there is anything like that around here?

Amy said...

That is so awesome! I want to go to a kite festival! Whenever we fly a kite, the sting breaks and it flies away and I am always afraid it is going to land on someone several blocks away and hurt them! Hope there weren't any accidents like that at your festival!

The Leithead Family said...

Looks like so much fun! Can you believe that I actually never went to the kite festival?? Looks like I missed out!! :)

Joan said...

Wayne and I were putting down landscape plastic on Saturday and the wind came up. The plastic practically flew out of my hands and I commented that I wanted to make a kite out of it. Everyone loves kites don't they? What a fun time and nice weather for you.

Linda said...

Is he suppose to have on a red and white striped shirt on or just a staw hat?

Margaret Kay said...

I haven't flown a kite since my kids were little. It IS fun huh!