Monday, October 20, 2008

Agent Bobby


My son has a fantastic imagination. Sometimes it gets him in a little bit of trouble. Take this afternoon, for example. He was playing spy at school today. He took the eraser off of his pencil and stealthily placed it into his ear, using it as an earpiece to talk to his secret agents. This little covert move got him a trip to our local Instacare office. He was so embarrassed and by the time we saw the doctor, he was very tired of telling the story over and over again.
I told my sister, Angie, Bud's adventure and she shared with me one of her stories. Her daughter, Allie came home from school one day complaining that her arm was in terrible pain. They brushed it off but she kept stating that it hurt her very badly. They finally took her to the emergency room. After they had signed in and were waiting for the doctor, she exclaimed "Never mind mom, it's opposite day today!"
Share with me some of your children/ER visit/items stuck in unusual orifices stories!

3 comments:

Amy said...

All these lovely things are what I have to look forward to! I freak out when E. just crashes his head into the coffee table! I can't imagine making an ER trip! I hate hospitals. I know it's a mental thing, but I feel like I am coming down with something and unintentionally make myself feel sick every time I am in a place full of germs: i.e. insta-care clinics, church nurseries, Wal-Mart).

Amy said...

That is so funny! We all love Bobby and his imagination!

Margaret Kay said...

Oh Dear! Children are so funny . . . and the Opposite day story? was her arm feeling really especially fine that day? lol. . . I am just sitting here wiping tears from my eyea. Of course I didn't have to pay the doctor bills . . . this time. I had my share, though! I REALLY had my share. The ER doctors knew Ammon by name!