Sunday, May 4, 2008

Pride and Joy


Between our many moves, for one reason or another, we got rid of Robb's favorite chair. One of his favorite things to do is to come home after a long day of dealing with people's grief and pain and zone out watching baseball or Seinfeld. I've been getting upset, though, because lately, he comes home and lays on the couch, which has been the only piece of "sitting" furniture in the living room. So, inadvertantly, I end up sitting on the very edge of the couch trying to join him in his nightly ritual. Friday, when I came home from work, I walk in and see his "new" chair. He had went to DI and bought it for 20.00. It is pink, but he doesn't seem to care. Many hours of tv watching are going to spent in this new chair. It will be very loved. All there is left to say is: Welcome home, Robb's recliner, welcome home.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Nice Bab Nice

Amy said...

I LOVE NEWPORT BEACH! I am full of envy right now...I have spent many a day in the O.C. and I hold that place very near to my heart. Looks like you had a good time!

Colett (*.*) said...

Jem dear you are a better woman that me for allowing that pink thing to stay in your house. But how about someplace for you to relax too?

Amy said...

I think it is a GREAT chair. I am glad that people dont throw me out just cause I am ugly :)

nina said...

My husband and I laughed pretty hard at your nice chair. Leave it to a man to get the job done. They don't care if it matches as long as it's functional!