Sunday, April 28, 2013

Milis

Ive been in a little funk lately, so my sweet sister, that I havent seen for about four years came to visit me last week. We had so much fun together.
We ate at The Cheesecake Factory.
Went to The Goretorium.  (Thank you drunk lady for the pic!)
Relaxed at the Casa Spa.


Took the grandkids shopping.
Enjoyed the Kite Festival.







Toured the Moapa Zoo.

Chilled at the pool.

Ate "Monkey Brains".
Walked the strip.
Awed the view.






And, rode the New York three times.  Fun every time.

Fun memories about this trip:  Milisa had never walked The Strip before and couldnt, for the life of her, keep quiet.  She felt she had to respond to everyone handing out nudie pictures, offering free drinks or no covers to the strip clubs.  I hadnt laughed that hard in a very long time.
On our last day together, we decided we wanted to go to Primm and ride the roller coaster.  We checked the website for hours and headed out. When we got there, we learned that it was only open on the weekends, so we hurried back to our hotel so we could hang by the pool, we got there 15 minutes before they closed.  So, we thought we would hurry up and go eat and then go the The Shark Reef. After eating, we got there 10 minutes after closing.  Thank you New York, New York for coming through for us.  
My sister came at the perfect time for us.  She is the most generous, loving, positive person I know and although I didnt want her to leave or go back to work, I felt rejuvenated and ready.  Im eagerly counting down the months awaiting her return. Love you Milis!

No comments: