Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Buzy, Buzy, Buzy

It seems like we have been more busy this summer than in all the years we have been married, and I love it! Summers usually draaag for me because the kids are usually bored to tears and I've always worked, so I cant do anything with them.
Thanks to our wonderful bishop and his daughter, Jazz was able to attend "Be the Best You" for a week at Thanksgiving Point in UT.  She absolutely loved it.  It was exactly what she needed.  I tell you, I wouldnt want to be a teenager growing up right now.  The stress and pressure these kids are under is overwhelming to me.  Jazz spent a week doing service and was on cloud nine when I picked her up.
I am so proud of her for going by herself.  It was a last minute opportunity and she grabbed it and ran with it 100%.  Some of the activities they did were: Made blankets for the Primary Children's Hospital, put on a carnival for a group of underprivileged kids, and had a talent show at a nursing home. They also attended  Prom and participated in an etiquette class with a former Miss USA.
They made the blankets on the first day.  Then, during the week, one of the girls sister's was in a car wreck. When the parents went to see her, she was clutching one of the girls blankets.
 Bobby and I went and picked her up Saturday morning and afterwards went to 7 Peaks.  It was such a nice time.  Bobby and Jazz didn't bicker even one time.  I was loving it!



 We stopped for gas in Scipio and right there by the gas station was a petting zoo.  I think we had just as much fun there as we did at 7 Peaks. We're an easily entertained family.


It was good that the kids could spend a day together because the day after Jazz returned home Bobby was headed to scout camp for a week.  Maybe the time apart will help them appreciate each other a little more.  I adore my kids and am so proud of what they are accomplishing.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

You have done good, mama!