Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring "Break"

Robb and I have had kids for twenty years. We've had dancers and gymnasts and baseball players and volleyball players and Robb even road bulls for a few years but we've never had anyone break a bone until this week.

The newest member of our family broke his skinny little puppy leg jumping out of Hopes arms. I received a frantic call while I was at work. Jazz was hyperventilating. She said that the noise Duke made when it broke was the worst sound she has ever heard in her life.

Now, if you would have asked me 6 months ago if I would have forked out a couple hundred dollars on a dog at the vet, I would have said no flipping way, but how quickly these little animals become a part of our family.

8 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh...he is sweet. I am sorry he broke his leg. We had a puppy jump out of the moving car last year and shatter her pelvis. They do make their way into your hearts!! Cute photo of you!

Michelle Thompson said...

When my parents dog broke his leg they paid $1,500.

Michelle Thompson said...

He is so cute and they really do become a member of the family.

The Leithead Family said...

what a cute little puppy!! i'm so sorry he broke his leg. :( yes, they can win your heart over...and of course you will pay to have the poor little thing's broken leg fixed!!

Margaret Kay said...

Ahhh! poor puppy - he's obviously loved!

Joan said...

What kid of dog is it? Is it like Rick's terriors? We had our cat break her leg and yes, we paid to get her fixed too. They are God's creatures and he loves them and wants us to take care of them so we do what we have to do. He is darling.

Teri said...

Oh that is so sad...I can't believe how much money we have spent on our pets over the years...crazy. I hope it heals well and he gets back to normal.

nina said...

I know, once a pet becomes a part of the family, you would pay anything just like a child!